Types of data we collect
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website are designed by:
- Quit Guide, or on behalf of Quit Guide, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Quit Guide.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For Quit Guide to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Quit Guide to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Quit Guide to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting.
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click "Content settings"
- Click "Cookies."
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data."
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options.
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu "Files"> "Preferences"
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
When someone visits www.quitguide.com we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, or by sending us an email from our Contact form.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to us here on our Contact form.
www.quitguide.com also may or may not earn money from third party sites through affiliate links on this site. Your support of sponsors and recommended sites and/or products is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
www.quitguide.com is not responsible for third party sites, content, or their operators, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by using our contact form or by mail at:
Quit Guide, PO Box 25-369, Wellington 6146, NZ.
SHIPPING TIMES For any products on our site
Most of our items ship with our Standard shipping. We strive to ship domestic inventory next business day and typical USPS shipping times are from 2 to 7 days. For promotional sale products and/or promotional shipping items, please allow 2 to 5 weeks.